Hi! I’m Maddie, a second year English Literature student. As I’ll be heading to the University of Missouri at Columbia in a week today, now feels like the perfect time to introduce myself! Studying at an American University has always been a dream of mine and I can’t believe that it’s finally going to happen! The last few months have been a whirlwind of forms, visa applications, course selections, alternative assessments, travel arrangements and goodbyes, but now that I’ve almost completed all of those, I’m really looking forward to so many things, leaving Europe for my first time ever being one of them! There’s so much that I want to do while I’m in the USA, so I’ve decided to make myself a list, a ‘bucket list’ if you will. I can’t guarantee that I’ll get around to ticking them all off but I’m certainly going to try!
- Survive my first ever trans-Atlantic flight
- Try Chipotle, Dunkin’ Donuts, 7Eleven and Wendy’s
- Take a dip in the Tiger Grotto (the Mizzou indoor swimming pool/spa experience!)
- See the Grand Canyon-this one may be a bit ambitious…
- Hike in a Reservation
- Support the Mizzou Tigers at a game
- Watch a Broadway show
- Eat waffles in an authentic diner (I may have been watching too much Parks & Rec!)
- Experience Spring Break
- Visit Chicago
- Buy something from Target and/or Wal-Mart
- Watch the Superbowl, and this time maybe even understand the rules!
…I’ll let you know how I get on!